Wednesday, December 27, 2006

My Christmas 2006

My Christmas in 2006

My wife and I exchanged gifts - in this case it was a year
membership in Ancestry.com - (useful for hunting old ministers for my scuniversalist blog)

after breakfast - we gave the cats their gifts (a bit of
christmas catnip)
and i opened my gift from my nephew (two books right off my Amazon list)
My wife will get exchanged gift tomorrow (maybe) from my brother-in-law

at 12 we ate chicken salad sandwiches and went to the Rehab Hospital
(1 1/2 drive roundtrip) to visit my mother. We brought our gift (a
portrait of my wife and I) and gifts and cards from others to her. My
sister and her family were there (a 3 1/2 drive oneway for them),
we gave those nieces their gifts their too. My neices sang some
carols (out of the 1964 methodist hymnal) at the rehab. We watched a
bit (without sound) of Judy Garland and meet me at St. Louis.

Drove home in the rain, put on some Celtic Christmas CDs...

waiting for the pork stew to be ready for dinner....

Now, how is this Christmas? I have gifts - from the heart; I have
family, both nuclear and extended; I have music and song. I have
love. I show love. I have the hope of a better day.
That is Christmas!

best wishes

No comments: